June 26, 2011

1 Useful pages

Hello!

As you can see, I have added a new section in the blog called useful pages where you will find links to pages I find interesting or useful for your learning. When you start learning a language it is very important to be in touch with that language and the Information and Communication Technologies are the most important tool to facilitate that.

Today I'm going to analize two webs that I use:

-The first one is TED. In this page you can find speeches and videos about hundreds of different topics. What do I like in this site? I really like the huge variety of topics, so you can choose what interests you, and you can find subtitles for the videos in more than 50 languages.

-The second page I want you to know is busuu. Now, we are living the social networks craze, languages are in too.

Busuu is a social network where you can learn 7 different languages.It is absolutely free, although they have some contents that can be only used by those who have a premium account.You create your profile where you say the languages you speak and the languages you want to learn, choosing your level in all of them. In this way, you can correct the exercises of the people who are learning your native language and you are corrected by natives too.
The social aspect of this web is very important because you have the possibility to chat and interact with natives of the language you are learning. Here you have a couple of videos where you can see how it works.



More pages soon!!

Now a small quotation as a gift!
" I speak two languages, Body and English" by Mae West

1 comments:

Driu said...

Hey, I didn't know TED.com but Bussu have a problem and It is that some Lessons about tenses isn't free anyway its a good beginning I think...

Post a Comment